PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND EITHER SURGERY UNLESS YOU HAVE CALLED US FIRST
Please see below for the steps the practice has taken due to the situation with Covid-19:
- All non-essential appointments have been cancelled, including private medical appointments
- We have closed our doors at both North Baddesley Surgery and Knightwood Surgery and instead have a doorbell for patients to ring to gain access if they have an appointment
- We are now triaging all appointments by telephone before anyone attends the surgery for an appointment. If you call us, please ensure we have the correct telephone and mobile contact details for you. If we are unable to contact you by telephone or text, we will have to cancel your appointment
- Where children are attending for an appointment, please limit the number of people attending to your child and one parent/guardian only
- We have temporarily turned off the ability to book appointments online. This is to prevent possible cases booking appointments without being screened first. All other aspects of Online Access (requesting prescriptions etc.) are still working
- We are issuing all prescriptions via EPS which is an electronic service where your prescription will be sent directly and securely to a pharmacy of your choice for collection. If you don’t already have a nominated pharmacy, please let us know your chosen pharmacy by noting this on your next prescription request
- Please use eConsult wherever possible for routine concerns
- We have also cancelled our drop in blood service that normally runs everyday between 1pm - 2.15pm
Knightwood Surgery Closure
Knightwood Surgery is going to be closed all day effective from Monday 30th March 2020 for the foreseeable future.
North Baddesley Surgery is open as usual
Thank you for your understanding
We are now required to send all referrals with an up to date BMI. Therefore, if you are going to be referred, you may be asked to make an appointment with one of our Healthcare Assistants to have your height and weight recorded.
Use the Right Service Campaign
Over the last year, there has been a significant increase in the the number of people going to A&E at Southampton General Hospital. In order to relieve the pressure on the hospital, the Use the Right Service Campaign is encouraging people to use the service that is most suited to their needs.
For more information, visit the Use the Right Service website here
Seasonal Flu Vaccination 2019/2020
Flu clinics will be starting in September
- Flu clinics for patients aged 65 and over can be booked from September onwards.
- Flu clinics for patients aged 18-64 years can be booked for October.
- Please enquire at reception about children’s nasal flu clinics
Appointments are available at both North Baddesley and Knightwood surgeries.
Please contact reception to book your appointment or book online!
GP Patient Survey
The results for the 2019 GP Patient Survey have been published.
North Baddesley Surgery has received an overall score of 94%, meaning that 94% of respondents would describe their overall experience of the practice as good. This is in comparison to a local average score of 87% and a national average score of 83%.
If you would like to view the full results for North Baddesley Surgery, please visit the GP Patient Survey website at www.gp-patient.co.uk and search for North Baddesley Surgery.