This information room was opened in 2002 in memory of Michael. It is staffed by volunteers, is open each morning between 9.15am and 12.15pm and its aim is to assist patients and local residents by providing:
- a medical library of videos, DVDs and books
- copies of information from a medical website on many health conditions
- information on immunisation requirements when travelling abroad
- leaflets on medical conditions and local information
- a copying service for a small charge
- funding towards a counselling service for those patients urgently in need.
The room depends on voluntary funding. Money is raised by various means including quiz nights,good quality books and pedometers in the room each morning.
If you would like to help in any way, please visit the room where you will be made very welcome by the volunteer staff.
Or see our website for more information: michael-witt-room.online